The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is a prominent Australian public university located in the heart of Sydney. It is renowned for its focus on practical, career-oriented education and cutting-edge research across various disciplines. UTS offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including engineering, business, design, health sciences, information technology, and communication.
Emphasizing innovation and industry engagement, UTS strives to equip its students with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the rapidly evolving global job market. The university’s modern campus, state-of-the-art facilities, and strong ties to industry make it a popular choice for students seeking a vibrant and future-oriented learning environment.
Embracing a visionary outlook, UTS aspires to be a global leader in technology-driven education, firmly grounded in the principles of excellence, innovation, entrepreneurship, and social equity. With a strong emphasis on making a positive impact on society, the university’s commitment to advancing healthcare and social justice sets it apart, attracting students and researchers from diverse backgrounds who seek to be agents of transformative change in the world.
- Host University: University of Technology Sydney;
- Host Country: Australia;
- Study Level: Masters and PhD Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: Check the details below;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: The scholarship is open.
The Joint UTS International Research Scholarships welcome all international Master’s and Ph.D. students from any field, providing them with the opportunity to pursue their studies at the University of Technology Sydney, Australia.
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) recognizes exceptional achievers through a prestigious scholarship program. Those who emerge victorious will be granted a scholarship that covers the entire estimated annual tuition fee, easing the financial burden of their academic journey.
Moreover, UTS goes the extra mile by providing a supplementary top-up scholarship, enhancing the stipend already awarded by the scholarship. This additional support aims to empower the scholars, enabling them to focus wholeheartedly on their studies and personal growth without worrying about financial constraints. UTS’s commitment to nurturing and supporting talented individuals underscores its dedication to fostering a thriving academic community.
To qualify for consideration, aspiring candidates are required to fulfill specific prerequisites as outlined below:
- The applicants must fall under the category of overseas students, as per the definition provided in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth).
- Possession of a valid international student visa is mandatory for all applicants.
- Additionally, to be eligible for the UTS-CSC IRS, candidates must secure a nomination from the respective Faculty.
These conditions form the basis for determining the eligibility of applicants, ensuring that the UTS-CSC IRS is awarded to deserving and qualified international students who seek to pursue their academic ambitions at the University of Technology Sydney.
Prospective candidates are required to complete the general admission application process through the designated university portal. Subsequently, a thorough evaluation of eligible applicants will be conducted to identify deserving recipients of the scholarship award.
The selection process seeks to recognize exceptional individuals who have not only met the academic criteria but also demonstrated remarkable potential and commitment to their chosen field of study. By ensuring a fair and transparent assessment, the university aims to attract and support talented students, fostering a diverse and vibrant academic community at the institution.
As part of the university’s application process, students must submit a set of essential documents for review, including:
- A verified official academic transcript or comprehensive study record.
- Documentary proof of completed studies, if not explicitly mentioned in the academic record.
- Verification of any name changes, if applicable.
- Translations of all non-English documents.
- Evidence of English proficiency.
- MOI certificate (if required for specific programs or courses).
- A concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) outlining the educational background and relevant experiences.
- Valid passport details for identification purposes.
Fulfilling the prerequisites of their chosen postgraduate program at the University of Technology Sydney is a mandatory obligation for all applicants. Each program may have specific criteria that candidates must satisfy to ensure their eligibility for admission.
By adhering to these program-specific requirements, prospective students demonstrate their dedication and suitability for their desired fields of study, positioning themselves for a rewarding and enriching academic experience at the esteemed institution.
To demonstrate their English language proficiency, students are required to provide scores from recognized language tests. Acceptable tests and corresponding score ranges are as follows:
- IELTS (Academic) / IELTS online – Overall score of 7.0 with a writing score of 7.0.
- TOEFL (Internet-based) – Overall score between 94-101, with a writing score of 27.
- PTE (Academic) – Overall score ranging from 65 to 72, with a minimum writing score of 65.
- C1A/C2P – Overall score between 185-190, with a writing score of 185.
- AE5/AE6 (PASS) – Achievement of AE6 level.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://student-portal.uts.edu.au/s/login/?ec=302&startURL=%2Fs%2F