The Australian National University (ANU) is a world-renowned public research university located in Canberra, the capital city of Australia, it is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world and is widely regarded as one of Australia’s leading higher education institutions.
The Australian National University is known for its strong emphasis on academic rigor and excellence across various disciplines. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in areas such as arts and social sciences, business and economics, engineering and computer science, law, medicine, science, and more.
The university has a strong research focus and is recognized for its significant contributions to various fields of study. The Australian National University researchers have made groundbreaking discoveries and advancements, and the university is home to several prestigious research centers and institutes.
- Host University: Australian National University;
- Host Country: Australia;
- Study Level: Bachelor, Masters and PhD Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 10,000$ AUD – 25,000$AUD;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: PhD in Medicine and Surgery, Master in Military and Defense Studies;
- Application Deadline: September 15th, 2023.
The Chancellor’s International Scholarship is available for Master, Bachelor and PhD students in in Medicine and Surgery, and Military and Defense Studies, and all fields at the Australian National University.
This highly esteemed scholarship is open to international students from various parts of the world, presenting a chance to embark on their academic journey at the renowned Australian National University. Whether pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD coursework degree program, recipients of this scholarship will receive valuable financial assistance. With an impressive total of 200 scholarships available for the intake in September 2024, ANU is dedicated to fostering the growth of exceptional and ambitious minds.
The scholarship offers a distinctive opportunity for eligible candidates to receive a reduction of either 25% or 50% in their tuition fees, as described previously. This reduction will apply throughout the entire duration of their undergraduate or postgraduate degree program. Beneficiaries of this scholarship are granted the privilege of paying a reduced tuition deposit of AUD 10,000 instead of the regular deposit amount stated in the admissions offer letter.
Additionally, postgraduate recipients enrolling in 2024 will be provided with the added advantage of securing a place in on-campus accommodation for their initial year of study, should they decide to avail themselves of this valuable benefit, and also providing up to $25,000 annually towards tuition fees, ensuring that promising talents are nurtured and given the opportunity to excel in their chosen fields.
The scholarship is open to prospective ANU students who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be categorized as overseas students according to the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 and should not hold a 995 visa (unless enrolling in an eligible postgraduate program).
- Must have been granted an offer of admission to commence studies in an eligible program at the University (programs listed as ineligible are excluded).
- Must fulfill all the conditions of the program for which they have received an offer, including any onshore attendance requirements, if applicable.
- Must not have been a previous recipient of the scholarship for the same level of study.
Applicants for the scholarship need not go through a separate application process. Instead, all international students who meet the eligibility criteria and apply for admission to the university will be automatically considered for the scholarship.
When students apply to ANU, they need to be prepared to furnish specific documents necessary for the assessment of their applications. These documents include their academic records, which should include a grading scale. If applying for an undergraduate program, students must submit an academic transcript demonstrating the completion of their secondary studies. On the other hand, for a postgraduate program application, the most recent academic transcript is required.
In addition to these documents, students should be aware that some ANU programs might have additional requirements.
When submitting these documents, it is crucial not to alter them in any way. Students must scan the documents in color and avoid resizing them.
In order for students to be considered eligible for admission to the Australian National University (ANU), they are required to show in their application that they fulfill the English language requirements.
These language requirements form an integral part of the University’s minimum admission criteria. Additionally, students may need to meet specific additional criteria determined by their degree program. ANU provides various avenues for students to demonstrate their English language proficiency, some of which are outlined below:
- Completion of previous secondary or tertiary studies conducted in English.
Presenting an acceptable English proficiency test score. Several popular tests are recognized, such as:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge C1 Advanced
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Qualifying for exemption by virtue of citizenship in certain English-speaking countries (Group A countries) and having pursued education in one of those countries.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.anu.edu.au/study/scholarships/find-a-scholarship/anu-chancellors-international-scholarship