Texas Tech University Freshman Presidential Scholarships, USA
Texas Tech University, previously known as Texas Technological College and also referred to as Texas Tech, Tech, or TTU, is a public research university located in Lubbock, Texas, United States.
So far over 40,322 students (33,269 undergraduate and 7,053 graduate) are enrolled at Texas Tech. The university offers its scholars more than 150 study courses through its 13 colleges and hosts 60 research centers and institutes.
The Freshman Presidential Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship awarded to entering first-time freshmen with outstanding academic records.
- Host University: Texas Tech University;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Undergraduate Level;
- Scholarship Worth: Tuition Fee Cover (Amount not specified);
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and International Students;
- Subjects available: All subjects;
- Application Deadline: Ongoing.
The scholarship covers tuition fees. The first part is given toward fall term and the second part toward spring terms. If the applicant is a non-resident awarded a Presidential Scholarship, he/she will also be eligible to pay in-state tuition.
The scholarship value varies depending on the High school rank and the SAT or ACT test scores, it ranges from $1,000 per year to 100% of the original federally approved cost of attendance.
To be eligible for the Freshman Presidential Scholarship, applicants must include tuition fees, board, books, room, transportation, and a personal allowance.
- Demonstration of outstanding academic performance, as it’s a merit-based scholarship and therefore the selections are made based on test scores and class rank.
- Applicant must be an incoming freshman, first-year college student.
Candidates must also meet the following requirements throughout their Texas Tech University academic career:
- Maintain a satisfying cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA);
- Maintain full-time enrollment in a Texas Tech University study program;
- Accumulate at least 30 TTU hours per year;
- Keep contact addresses, including email addresses, updated on the MyTech portal;
- Write an appreciation letter to the scholarship donor as directed by the TTU Scholarship Office;
- Attend required donor events;
- The scholarship applies only to TTU study programs.
How to apply:
Candidates are automatically considered for scholarships once they apply for admission to University. Interested applicants are advised to apply for admission as soon as they can using the ApplyTexas application portal or CommonApp for admission and scholarship consideration.