Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program, Canada 2022/2023
About the scholarship:
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto was established with the aim to recognize international students who demonstrate outstanding academic performance and creativity and who stand out as leaders within their school. Great emphasis is placed upon the contribution that the student has previously made to their environment (i.e. their school and community), and the potential that they hold to have a positive impact on the global community in the future.
- Host Institution(s): University of Toronto, Canada
- Level/Field of study: Undergraduate programs offered at the University of Toronto.
- Number of Awards: Around 37 students are named Lester B. Pearson Scholars every year.
- Target group: International students from countries all over the world, including international students pursuing their studies at Canadian high schools.
- Scholarship inclusions/duration: The scholarship covers tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for the duration of four years.
In order to be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, the applicant must be:
• An international student (in other words a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
• Currently in their final year of secondary school or having graduated in June 2022 at the earliest
• Beginning their studies at the University of Toronto in September 2023 (students who are already attending post-secondary studies will not be considered; students who will be beginning their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution will not be considered)
In order to become a Pearson Scholar, the student must be nominated by their school and apply for undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. To apply, the student needs to:
• Receive a nomination from their school.
• Apply for studying at the University of Toronto to begin their studies in 2023 and complete their admission application with respect to the appropriate deadlines.
• Once the University receives a nomination and the student has applied to the university, they can go through with completing the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
The deadline for school nomination is 30 November 2022. The deadline for student application is 14 December 2022 (it is recommended to apply before 7 November 2022). The deadline for scholarship application is 16 January 2023.
For detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship, we recommend visiting the official scholarship website through the link below.