Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award, Canada 2023
About The Scholarship:
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is reserved for international undergraduate students who demonstrate outstanding academic performance, leadership skills, and involvement in student affairs and community service.
- Host Institution(s): University of British Columbia in Canada
- Study in: Canada
- Level/Field of study: Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC
- Number of Awards: Approximately 50 distributed across 4 awards
- Target group: International students
- Deadline: 15 Nov/31 Jan (annual)
- Course starts in: 2023
The value of the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to the financial need. Financial need is calculated by adding tuition to fees and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution that can be provided annually by the student and their family. Based on the financial information provided by the student and their family, a standard assessment of financial need is conducted.
The award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion provided that the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian study permit (student visa).
Consideration for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award requires the following:
• The applicant must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
• The student must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
• The student must have graduated from high school no earlier than the month of June two years prior to the academic year they are applying to. For example, applicants for 2022 must have a high school degree that was obtained no earlier than June 2020.
• The student must not hold an undergraduate degree.
• The student must demonstrate outstanding academic performance (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
• The student must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise would not allow them to pursue UBC degree.
• The student must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements as well as the English Language Admission Standard.
- Applications for the 2022 school year are now closed. 2023 Applications will open soon.
- Application for the International Scholars program requires nomination by the student’s school or non-profit, and the submission of a reference from an academic referee. The student must confirm that their school or non-profit can nominate them, then inform the nominator and academic referee that they would like to apply for the International Scholars Program.
- The student must submit their award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC by 15 November. The student must also meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January.
In order to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship, please visit the website below.
Official Scholarship Website: