Winter Internship at the World Bank 2023, USA
The World Bank is currently offering a one of a kind paid internship program. This opportunity is fully funded by the World Bank and available to applicants from all over the globe. For application, it is necessary to hold an undergraduate degree and to be currently pursuing a graduate degree in full-time. The World Bank will cover all expenses for the duration of the internship.
There are no requirements regarding academic background, nor is there a need to take an English language test. The internship will last a minimum of four weeks and will take place at the World Bank headquarters in Washington D.C. For diversity reasons, individuals from any country may apply. The World Bank seeks to have within its team the most talented individuals. It also aims at encouraging individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply, especially women. More details on this wonderful opportunity are provided below.
- Hosting country: United States of America
- Location: World Bank Headquarters, Washington D.C.
- Internship Duration: 4 Weeks minimum
- Financial Coverage: Full
- Application deadline: 31st October 2022
World Bank Internship Benefits:
- The internship includes the following benefits:
- Hourly Salary.
- Travel allowance (up to $3000, if applicable).
- Return airfare expenses (up to $3000, if applicable).
WB Internship Fields:
Diversity in the workplace is valued and encouraged. Qualified individuals from diverse fields may apply. Such fields include:
- Economics & Finance
- Human Development (i.e. Public health, Education, Nutrition, Population),
- Social sciences (i.e. anthropology, sociology)
- Agriculture, environment, natural resources management
- Engineering, urban planning
- Private sector development, and other related fields
- Corporate support (i.e. Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
The eligibility criteria for the World Bank Internship are the following:
- Holding an Undergraduate degree and pursuing a graduate degree full time with the intention of returning to school full-time following the completion of the internship.
- No age limit.
- Fluency in English is a mush. Knowledge of additional languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese would be a precious asset. Any other skills such as computing should be mentioned in the application as they will be an asset for the candidate.
Required Documents for the World Bank internship:
The following documents are necessary for the application:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- Statement of Interest
- Official document proving that the applicant is enrolled in a full time graduate program
How to Apply for the Internship:
Application for this opportunity is done online. It is necessary to complete a form and to upload the required document. Applicants should follow these guidelines:
- Documents format has to be in doc, docx, or Pdf format
- File size should not exceed 5MB
- Refrain from using special characters such as *,$,@, and # in the application.
- Make sure all information is correct
- It is not possible to edit the application once it has been submitted.
- After the submission of the application, a confirmation email is sent to the applicant’s email address.
For more information, please visit the official website: https://www.worldbank.org/en/about/careers/programs-and-internships/internship