The University of Exeter is a prestigious British university located in Exeter, Devon, in the South-West of UK. It was officially founded in 1955 when it received a royal charter from Queen Elizabeth II. The university is a member of the Russell Group, which is a prestigious association of research-intensive universities in the UK. It is known for its world-class research, excellent student satisfaction, and outstanding teaching, as evidenced by its Gold standard in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) assessment.
The university offers a wide range of subject areas and has a strong international reputation for excellence in both teaching and research. The University of Exeter has a rich history, dedicated to discovery and changing lives through education since 1851. It has four campuses, two in Exeter and two in Cornwall, and provides outstanding facilities for teaching and research. The university is also known for its influential climate scientists and the significant economic impact it generates. With its strong focus on high performance and student partnership, the University of Exeter continues to be a leading institution in the UK and beyond.
At the University of Exeter, a Russell Group powerhouse, research echoes globally, leaving a trail of innovative discoveries. Students connect with world-renowned academics, whose passion is contagious and whose guidance serves as a compass for research expeditions.
University of exeter scholarship Description:
- Host University: University of Exeter;
- Host Country: United Kingdom;
- Study Level: PhD Level;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Scholarship Worth: 5,000£ – 18,622£;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: Engineering Science, Physical Sciences;
- Application Deadline: February 19th, 2024.
Imagine embarking on a journey through the fascinating realms of engineering, physical science, and digital frontiers, while crafting sustainable energy solutions for the future. With the backing of the prestigious EPSRC, these studentships serve as a launchpad to tackle real-world challenges and contribute to groundbreaking research.
University of exeter scholarship Benefits:
As a selected one of Exeter’s exceptional studentships, you’ll delve into groundbreaking research while enjoying financial stability. Picture this: an index-linked stipend of £18,622 annually (full-time) for up to 3.5 years, keeping your fridge stocked and mind focused. And guess what? The university picks up the tuition tab if you’re a Home student! To top it off, a £5,000 research grant awaits, spread over your journey, fueling your experiments and propelling your discoveries. So, ditch the ramen-fueled nights and say hello to a research haven where brilliance blooms, not your bank account wilts.
To qualify for a PhD program at the University of Exeter, applicants must meet specific eligibility criteria. Here’s a breakdown of the requirements:
- Citizenship: UK nationals, settled in the UK, or holding an indefinite leave to remain in the UK can benefit from full funding opportunities. Some scholarships are available for non-home students, but they must cover their visa, healthcare, and relocation expenses
- Academic qualifications: A First or Upper Second Class UK Honours degree in science, engineering, or technology is required. However, a Master’s degree or exceptional non-academic achievements can still earn a seat at the research roundtable
- Language proficiency: English proficiency is mandatory. Applicants must demonstrate their language prowess before starting their PhD program
Application Process :
To apply for a research position at the University of Exeter, you should first identify the department of your lead supervisor and submit your application through them. If you have any questions, it’s best to discuss them with your supervisor.
The application requires a CV detailing your academic and professional background, a completed Research Summary Form, an Application Letter highlighting your research experience and passions, transcripts showing your grades and subjects, two references emailed to PGRApplicants@exeter.ac.uk by Feb 19th, 2024, and proof of English proficiency if English is not your native language.
All documents should be in English and in PDF format, with clear file names such as Smith – CV.pdf. Additionally, applicants must meet specific eligibility requirements, such as citizenship and academic qualifications, and are encouraged to carefully review the application process and deadlines.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/study/pg-research/funding/phdfunding/epsrc-dtp-studentships/