The University of Toronto stands as an esteemed public research institution located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Its global reputation is firmly established, consistently securing top ranks among world universities due to its unwavering dedication to academic excellence and groundbreaking research. The university’s influence extends across three campuses: the St. George campus, located in the heart of downtown Toronto, the Mississauga campus to the west, and the Scarborough campus to the east.
Attracting a diverse and vibrant student community, the University of Toronto offers a vast selection of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs spanning various fields of study. The faculty members, eminent scholars and experts in their respective domains, provide students with unparalleled learning experiences, nurturing their intellectual growth.
Positioned in one of the world’s most dynamic and multicultural cities, the University of Toronto serves as a gateway to unparalleled opportunities. Its Toronto location opens doors to coveted internships, extensive networking prospects, and an abundance of career placements, all amid a thriving arts and cultural scene and dynamic industries.
- Host University: University of Toronto
- Host Country: Canada
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
- Scholarship Worth: Covers full tuition fees, living expenses, and other ancillary costs for the duration of the recipient’s undergraduate program at the University of Toronto.
- Eligible Countries: International students except Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- Subjects Available: All subjects.
- Application Deadline: Early January for the September intake.
The Lester B. Pearson International Students Scholarship is named after the 14th Prime Minister of Canada, Lester B. Pearson. It is a highly competitive and prestigious award aimed at recognizing and supporting exceptional students from around the world.
The scholarship seeks to attract bright and talented minds with demonstrated leadership abilities and a strong commitment to making a positive impact in their communities and beyond. Recipients of this scholarship will have the opportunity to study at one of Canada’s top universities and become part of a diverse and vibrant academic community.
- Full coverage of tuition fees for four years of undergraduate study at the University of Toronto.
- Coverage of living expenses and accommodation costs.
- Access to academic and career advising and support services.
- Participation in the University’s co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Networking opportunities with fellow scholarship recipients and alumni.
Applicants vying for the esteemed Lester B. Pearson International Students Scholarship must satisfy the specified requirements, ensuring their eligibility for consideration:
- Prospective students should hold an international status, excluding Canadian citizenship, with the intent of pursuing studies at the University of Toronto while holding a valid study permit.
- Demonstrating exceptional academic accomplishments, coupled with a resolute dedication to community service and leadership, is vital for prospective candidates.
- Secondary schools or institutions are required to nominate eligible students for the scholarship, limited to one student per institution.
- Aspiring awardees must initiate their application for admission into an undergraduate program at the University of Toronto, an indispensable step in their journey to securing the prestigious scholarship.
Applicants must be nominated by their high school or secondary institution for the Lester B. Pearson International Students Scholarship. After receiving the nomination, they will be required to complete and submit the scholarship application form provided on the University of Toronto’s official website.
In the process of applying for the scholarship, candidates may be requested to furnish the subsequent supplementary materials:
- Official academic records encompassing transcripts and certificates from their previous educational institutions.
- Endorsement letters authored by teachers, counselors, or notable community figures who can vouch for the applicant’s qualities.
- A personal statement or essay elucidating the candidate’s accomplishments, leadership involvements, and unwavering dedication to effecting positive change.
- Any other pertinent documents prescribed explicitly within the guidelines of the scholarship application.
In addition to the scholarship requirements, applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the desired undergraduate program at the University of Toronto. These requirements may include academic qualifications and English language proficiency.
For international applicants whose first language is not English, it is imperative to demonstrate English language proficiency through the submission of scores attained in widely recognized language proficiency examinations such as TOEFL or IELTS. This requirement ensures that students possess the necessary language skills to excel in their academic pursuits and seamlessly integrate into the University of Toronto’s diverse academic community.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://future.utoronto.ca/pearson/about/#about