Is studying in the United States of America one of your dreams? Look no further! Applications for Fulbright scholarships are now open. If you want to know more about this golden opportunity, keep reading.
The Fulbright scholarship program is a fully funded program that is available for international students who seek to pursue a master’s degree or a PhD in the US. The Fulbright program provides its recipients with the following: full tuition fee, full accommodation, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance.
The US department of state sponsors this program, which is the foremost American international educational exchange program. The Fulbright program was designed with the hope that it would help promote understanding between nations. The program does not discriminate between candidates.
The aim of this scholarship program is to provide education opportunities for diverse groups of people. The recipients of these scholarships come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds, minorities, or underrepresented groups.
Since 1946, this program has enabled thousands of students from 155 countries to pursue their studies in the US through Fulbright grants. It was created with the goal of helping outstanding, young, foreign students to enroll in graduate programs in the United States of America.
The scholarship is based on merit and it provides two to five years of funding for students looking to pursue a master’s degree or a PhD at an American university. AMIDEAST has been continuously supporting Fulbright students in the successful completion of their grants in the United States. For more than forty years, AMIDEAST has had a hand in helping students from across the MENA region gain access to universities all over the US.
Fulbright Scholarship Summary
Level: Masters, PhD
Institution(s): Universities and academic institutions in the United States of America
Country of study: USA
Courses Offered: All fields, including interdisciplinary courses.
Duration of the program: Depends on the selected program.
Fulbright Scholarship Deadline: Differs according to country (Feb. to Oct. annually)
What does the Fulbright scholarship cover?
Fulbright Scholarship 2023 is a fully funded scholarship and provides the following benefits for its recipients:
The Fulbright Scholarship is fully funded. The recipients receive the following: Tuition, accommodation, health insurance, flight tickets, and a living stipend. The official website provides more details on the benefits.
Eligibility Criteria Fulbright Scholarship 2023
All applicants for the Fulbright scholarship must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Required Language: English
- Nationality: International students from 155 countries around the world.
- Some eligibility criteria and selection procedures vary from one country to another.
- We recommend that students visit the country specific websites in order to find out more about the Fulbright program eligibility requirements and application guidelines that are specific to their country.
How can you apply for a Fulbright scholarship in 2023?
The following list provides a step by step guide for applying for a Fulbright scholarship. Make sure to follow these steps.
(1) Prepare your online application
- Applying for a Fulbright scholarship requires a variety of documents that need to be submitted with the application.
(2) Prepare your transcripts and degrees
- You must include all the transcripts and degrees from an undergraduate 4-year program or equivalent. Students applying for a PhD must include their Master’s degree along with the transcripts. It is possible to apply while in your final year of undergraduate studies as long as you will obtain your degree by December of the current year.
- The committee that oversees the selection process considers transcripts in a holistic way. There is no minimum GPA required.
(3) Take GRE General Test and TOFEL
- At the time of your application, you must submit your GRE score and request that ETS send a report directly to the USEFP using the code 9388. A decent GRE score is 310. The required minimum for the GRE score is 138 for verbal and 136 for quantitative. Although in general, successful applicants tend to have higher scores.
- The TOEFL is only necessary once you are called for an interview. Keep in mind that the IELTS is not acceptable.
(4) Write two essays
- The Fulbright application requires two essays of approximately eight hundred words each that must fit in the space provided in the application form. Don’t stress about writing the essays and keep in mind that you need to write them so that the selection committee will be able to get to know you. Also, keep in mind that you should try to convince them that you are a good candidate. A general rule of thumb for the time to write the essays is four to six weeks.
(5) Three recommendation letters
- You must submit three letters of recommendation. At least one of them must be an academic reference letter. The referees must fill the reference forms then sign, stamp, and seal them in an envelope. Once you have completed the online application, the referees will receive an email containing an online form.
(6) Prepare your resume
- You have to submit a resume that is up to date and add it to the adequate space on the application form.
(7) Submit your online application
- The application is submitted online and does not incur any fees from applicants.
- Once your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed and you may be asked to participate in an interview. The decisions are made in September and the interviews take place in October. The interview consists of 15 to 30 minutes and is conducted by a committee of four people. On the day of the interview, you must show proof of registration for the TOEFL exam.
The deadline for the Fulbright scholarship varies depending on countries but is usually set between February and October.
If you would like to know more, you may refer to the official Fulbright website: https://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/