Humber International Student Scholarships applications are now underway. This is an entrance scholarship that is available for Graduate certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma students who will be starting their first semester of study at Humber in September, January, and May. The scholarship incentive equates two thousand Canadian dollars off the tuition fees for the first two semesters of study.
This scholarship targets high-achieving students who have a GPA of at least 85% and at least 6,5 in their IELTS (or equivalent TOEFL scores, in Duolingo, or senior high school grade in English) who seek to have a scholarship as recognition of their performance. Ten undergraduate students and ten graduate students are awarded the two thousand Canadian dollars scholarship each semester.
- Deadline: May 31st, 2023
- Level of studies: Undergraduate
- Type of scholarship: Training
- Funding: Partial
- Target group: All students
- Host country: Canada
- Hosting institution: Humber college, Canada.
- Field of study: All fields available at Humber.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Not specified.
- Target group: All nationalities.
For students pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, the number of awards is unlimited. However, students must be coming directly from high school studies and not be transfer students (i.e. they haven’t studied at college or university level and they haven’t studied in Humber’s EAP program). High school students are automatically awarded degree scholarships based on academic achievement.
Humber International Students Scholarships benefits
The value of the scholarship varies. The details are given below:
- International Entrance Scholarships: Two thousand Canadian dollars off tuition fees over the course of the first two semesters of studies.
- Bachelor’s degree Scholarships: Students with a GPA of at least 95% will receive a renewable scholarship of four thousand Canadian dollars. Students with a GPA between 90% and 94.9% will receive a renewable scholarship of three thousand five hundred Canadian dollars. Students with a GPA between 85 and 89.9% will receive a renewable scholarship of three thousand Canadian dollars. Students with a GPA between 80 and 84.9% will receive a renewable scholarship of two thousand Canadian dollars. Finally, students with a GPA between 75 and 79.9% will receive a scholarship of two thousand dollars, renewable once.
- Please note that scholarships will only be renewed if the recipient achieves 80% or more in each year of the Bachelor’s degree.
- There are additional financial aid opportunities available for Humber students. If you would like to learn more about those opportunities, you may consult this link: http://www.humber.ca/admissions/financial-aid/scholarships-bursaries/external-awards-bursaries-scholarships
Humber International Student Scholarships eligibility
Eligible students for this scholarship are international students who have a GPA of at least 85% and at least 6,5 in their IELTS (or equivalent TOEFL scores, in Duolingo, or senior high school grade in English).
The scholarships will be awarded to students who have:
- Received their Letter of Acceptance from Humber,
- Confirmed the offer, and
- Submitted a scholarship application within the allocated time.
How to apply
For International Entrance Scholarships, go to the website and click on the “apply” button in order to create an account. You must then fill in the form and provide the following: Humber student ID number, confirmed Letter of Acceptance from Humber College, a personal statement of interest containing your GPA, and two reference letters.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time academic program at Humber. They must have received an official letter of acceptance.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Scholarships are nominal and non-refundable.
- Only successful candidates will receive a notice. Note that scholarship decisions are final.
- The students who are awarded the scholarship must pay their tuition in full. The scholarship amount will then be credited to the student account following the tenth day of classes. The scholarship is paid over two installments over the duration of the first two semesters of study.
For the Bachelor’s degree scholarships, there is no need to apply as these scholarships are automatically awarded to high school students who have just graduated.
For the term starting in September 2023, the deadline for applications is May 31, 2023.
For more information and details, we advise that you consult the official website of the university: