Edith Cowan University is located in Perth, Western Australia, and is one of the country’s most modern and innovative universities, it offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines. These include arts, business and law, engineering, health and medical sciences, nursing and midwifery, education, science, computing, and more.
Edith Cowan University is committed to research excellence and is involved in a variety of research projects spanning diverse fields. The university collaborates with industries, government organizations, and other institutions to address real-world challenges and make significant contributions to knowledge.
In 2023, Edith Cowan University extends a special opportunity to international students pursuing on-campus studies, presenting the esteemed International Accommodation Bursary Scholarship. This exclusive scholarship scheme caters to both undergraduate and postgraduate degree seekers, providing financial support of up to 50% of the tuition expenses. To qualify for this remarkable scholarship, applicants must hold international student status, excluding Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia, or New Zealand citizens from eligibility.
- Host University: Edith Cowan University;
- Host Country: Australia;
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funded;
- Scholarship Worth: Check the details below;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: All subjects;
- Application Deadline: August 6th, 2023.
The International Accommodation Bursary Scholarship is now accessible to all international, Undergraduate, and Postgraduate students from any discipline, providing them with the opportunity to pursue their studies at Edith Cowan University in Australia.
The ECU Mount Lawley Student Village presents an exceptional bursary, providing a generous 50% deduction in accommodation fees for individuals opting for a 22-week or 44-week contract. This exclusive offer comes as a tremendous advantage for international students aspiring to study in Australia, considering the comparatively higher cost of living in the country.
To qualify for this bursary, applicants must adhere to the following criteria:
- Be an international student, excluding Australian Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents, or New Zealand Citizens.
- Embark on your academic journey by enrolling in an undergraduate or master by coursework program, and discover the enriching experience of on-campus learning at either ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley locations during 2023.
- Comply with mandatory vaccination and travel regulations as mandated by both the Australian and Western Australian Governments.
- Prospective students are required to accept the offer between 2nd September 2022 and 6th August 2023, expressing their intention to study at either ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley campuses.
- Continuing students should have commenced their studies online between 20th July 2020 and 25th July 2022 due to COVID-19 and now plan to commence on-campus studies in 2023. Valid Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) or offshore status documentation may be requested during the application process.
- Satisfy the entry and ongoing accommodation requirements of the ECU Student Village Mount Lawley at all relevant times.
To apply for the International Accommodation Bursary, students should initiate the application process by checking the room availability at ECU Student Village Mount Lawley. They can accomplish this by sending an email to email@example.com.
Once the availability is confirmed, students can proceed to secure their accommodation by visiting the official ECU Village website. Notably, the bursary allocation will follow a first-come, first-served approach, benefiting the initial 100 eligible applicants who complete the process successfully. Act promptly to secure this valuable opportunity!
The recipient of the bursary must ensure continuous adherence to the eligibility criteria and terms outlined throughout 2023. They are required to enroll in and complete 60 credit points per semester or study period in 2023. Moreover, the recipient must maintain a positive academic and financial standing throughout the bursary tenure. Students should be aware of and fulfill travel and vaccination requirements set by the Australian and Western Australian Government, detailed further at the provided links. Additionally, they must comply with the Western Australian government’s safe transition plan, which includes any applicable travel restrictions.
ECU retains the discretion to cancel the bursary if the recipient fails to enroll in their designated units of study or pay tuition fees by the prescribed date(s). Furthermore, recipients will lose eligibility if they no longer reside at ECU Student Village Mount Lawley or receive other forms of government scholarship, industry sponsorship, or grants during the bursary term. ECU statutes, rules, by-laws, policies, procedures, and visa requirements must be adhered to by the recipient.
Any changes in circumstances that may impact ongoing eligibility must be promptly reported to ECU. The bursary covers accommodation in a 5-bedroom poolside apartment with shared amenities at ECU Student Village Mount Lawley. Payments will be directly made to the village operator and are non-redeemable for cash or student credit. Any unused portion of the bursary must be reimbursed to ECU, should the recipient become ineligible or if the bursary is canceled in accordance with the specified terms.
All bursaries are subject to ECU’s discretion, and the university reserves the right to revoke the bursary if a student provides false or misleading information or fails to comply with the ongoing conditions. In such cases, the recipient may be required to refund any amounts received from ECU.
ECU also retains the right to decline awarding bursaries if they deem no suitable applicants, and the offering of this bursary may be withdrawn by ECU at any time without prior notice.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.ecu.edu.au/scholarships/details/2023-international-accommodation-bursary