Deakin University, a prestigious educational institution situated in the heart of Australia, stands as a vibrant center for learning and innovation. It has consistently shown its dedication to providing top-tier education and nurturing academic excellence.
Nestled amidst the breathtaking landscapes of Australia, Deakin University offers a wide array of academic programs tailored to the diverse interests and aspirations of students from all corners of the globe. The university’s commitment to fostering talent and academic growth shines through its cutting-edge curriculum, world-renowned faculty, and state-of-the-art facilities.
Deakin University takes a leading role in innovative education, offering a broad spectrum of undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs across various disciplines. Its curriculum is designed with flexibility in mind, allowing students to personalize their educational journey to align with their dreams and career objectives.
Furthermore, Deakin University takes pride in providing a supportive academic environment. The institution goes the extra mile to ensure student success, offering a range of academic support services like tutoring, writing centers, and academic advising. These resources are in place to empower students and help them excel in their studies.
- Host University: Deakin University;
- Host Country: Australia;
- Study Level: Postgraduate and PhD Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 500$ – 30,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: Arts and Education, Business and Law, Health, Science, Engineering and Built Environment, Frontier Materials, and Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation
- Application Deadline: The Scholarship is open.
The HDR RTP Scholarship is now accessible to International, Postgraduate, and PhD students in various fields, offering them the chance to pursue their studies at Deakin University, Australia.
Deakin’s faculty is composed of accomplished educators and researchers who actively engage in groundbreaking studies, significantly contributing to their respective fields. The university promotes a culture of critical thinking and inquiry, encouraging student involvement in research projects that enable them to apply their classroom knowledge to real-world issues.
Deakin University’s focus on practical learning extends beyond theoretical instruction to provide students with hands-on experiences that prepare them for their future careers. This includes internships, co-op programs, and opportunities for industry engagement, ensuring that graduates are well-prepared for success in their chosen fields.
Deakin is also recognized for its strong commitment to technology and innovation in education. The university harnesses the power of modern technology to provide students with an enriched learning experience. Whether through virtual classrooms, online resources, or digital libraries, Deakin ensures that students have access to cutting-edge tools and resources to enhance their education.
The HDR RTP Scholarship, also known as the DUPR Scholarship, generously offers a comprehensive package of financial support and allowances, tailored to enhance students’ academic journeys. The 2024 scholarship provides a tax-exempt stipend of $30,000 per year, allowing students to focus on their research without financial concerns.
For those relocating to Deakin University from other regions or countries to pursue their studies, there is a relocation allowance ranging from $500 to $1,500. This financial aid acknowledges the challenges of moving and aims to ease the transition, whether you are a single student or relocating with your family.
International students, in particular, benefit from the provision of a Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of their student visa, ensuring access to essential healthcare services.
The duration of these scholarships varies based on the degree pursued:
- For Doctoral Degree students, the scholarship covers stipends for 3 years and tuition fees offset for 4 years.
- For those undertaking a Research Master Degree, the stipend is available for 2 years, with tuition fees offset for 2 years as well.
To qualify for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance, or DUPRS, a student must be enrolled in an HDR program at Deakin University, whether they are domestic or international students.
- If you’re seeking an RTP Fees Offset, it’s crucial not to hold an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth intended to cover HDR fees, ensuring equitable distribution of financial benefits among eligible candidates.
- Aspiring recipients of an RTP or DUPRS Stipend should not already receive income from another source to cover their general living expenses during their course of study, particularly if that income exceeds 75 percent of the RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. However, income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received specifically for academic purposes, but not intended for general living expenses, won’t be considered in this assessment.
For a comprehensive understanding of the admission requirements for HDR courses at Deakin University, please refer to the research degree entry pathways page. The terms and conditions specific to each scholarship are elaborated in the Further Information section below. To gain insights into our RTP Scholarship Policy, please consult the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure.
HDR students who are currently enrolled have the opportunity to submit an application for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend, with the evaluation process overseen by the Faculty/Institute. However, please note that students who have already completed more than three years of their doctoral program or two years of their master’s program (or the part-time equivalent) are ineligible to apply.
This scholarship opportunity is a testament to Deakin University’s commitment to fostering academic excellence and providing students with the resources they need to succeed in their educational journey.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.deakin.edu.au/research/research-degrees-and-PhD/key-dates-for-research-students