FC Barcelona Youth Academy LA MASIA
FC Barcelona is the most recognized and legendary team in soccer world and is actually “more than a club”. With a rich history of success, FC Barcelona is committed to the highest standards on the field of play, while pioneering initiatives off the field. In the 2008/2009 season, FC Barcelona won an unprecedented 6 titles: La Liga, Copa del Rey, Champions League, Super Cup, Club World Cup and European Super Cup. FC Barcelona is important for what it represents for the city of Barcelona and the people of Catalonia, who truly consider the club as their national team.
FC Barcelona has an unparalleled reputation for training and producing world-class players. The team’s success is based on the philosophy of developing local players through the FCB youth academy, so that they can then represent the first team. The products of the FCB youth academy include: Lionel Messi, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Carles Puyol, Gerard Piqué, Victor Valdes, Cesc Fabregas and Sergio Busquets.
The Barcelona Football School was created to coach children and arranged people to become professional players. Players compete in developmental clubs where their progress is evaluated. They are also taught the goal of fine sportsmanship, best leadership, and also the best status for the ball. In some cases, the most effective players are offered to those that have demonstrated a selected aptitude within the club sector or sold to clubs that show a powerful interest in them.
Joining the trials and conditions of the FC Barcelona Youth Academy “LA MASSIA”:
The most asked questions are mainly about how to join the FC Barcelona Football Academy. One can join the Barcelona Football Academy through the FC Barcelona Football Trial, a special recruitment, the Barcelona Football Scout, among others. Players are also identified through local competitions, video conferences or representatives sponsored by the club. However, in addition to the Barcelona academic exams, young people can also enter by registering.
Scouts encourage athletes to start their own club to attract club interest. Below is the best way to join the FC Barcelona Football Academy, as explained by professional experts.
- Candidates must have a good academic record with recommendations from your school.
- Provide good information about yourself, your previous clubs if any and your contacts.
- Parental consent, especially for those under 18.
- Proof of economic need if applying for the Barcelona Football Academy scholarship.
- Try and submit a video of yourself; this method is especially for international applicants.
Check the programs available at “schools.fcbarcelona.us/programs/” and then continue to the page How to join the FC Barcelona Football Academy by applying at “schools.fcbarcelona.us/escola-locations/”.
These scholarships are similar in terms of their requirements to Soccer Scholarships for International Students. However, unlike others, there is a greater focus on financial need and academic excellence.
- Your grade report and comments from your high school teachers are required.
- In order to be considered for this soccer scholarship in the United States, you must pass an athletic test at one of the Barcelona Foundation’s affiliated soccer academies.
- Any child receiving Medicaid is considered to have financial need.
- Those receiving free or reduced school lunches will be given the most consideration.
- A review of the family’s tax history is required when applying for free soccer scholarships in the United States.
- Individuals who are already receiving a scholarship or tryout at a soccer academy in the United States are not welcome to apply.
- The application is primarily for low-income households.
The scholarships will generally be awarded at the beginning of each season and will pay for some or all of the child’s training at the Soccer Academy. Parents or guardians whose children have shown promising potential in the game of soccer should proceed and apply.
You can find the online application form here: “https://barcelonafoundation.org/apply-for-a-scholarship/“.